The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Please pray for our current highlighted needs, our quarterly requests in our Prayer Guide, and our language projects.
November 20, 2020
1. Pray for one of our volunteers who was hospitalized with COVID. He is now home. Pray he will continue to recuperate without difficulties.
2. Thank the Lord for the 37 things accomplished by BI personnel during the pandemic that either would not have been accomplished, or would not have been accomplished as quickly were it not for the pandemic.
3. Thank the Lord for three from the BI office who were able to go to Ghana during the past two weeks to hold workshops with the Dagaare translators there.
4. Praise the Lord that Faith Comes By Hearing has just completed the video of the Gospel of Mark for the Songhay in Mali and the Dagba in Chad. What a blessing this will be for these people!
5. Pray as director Tim Fink and members of the administrative team look to the Lord for direction regarding travel and workshops in the future. Some countries are beginning to open; others are tightly locked.
6. Pray as work continues on the Scripture Engagement Department. Ask the Lord to give wisdom to those involved in setting up this department.
7. Pray that the Harvest Highlight DVD will be well used in churches and in homes. If you are interested in having someone from BI share it in your church, contact the BI office at 616.942.7712.
8. Thank the Lord for video conferencing with some groups where it is impossible to have in-person workshops. Please pray that the workshops, which are held by means of video conferencing, would be effective and productive.
9. Thank the Lord for an effective workshop in Benin with the Dendi-speaking people. It was led by one of our adjunct consultants.
10. Continue to pray for those who are raising support. Ryan and Amparo P. and their three boys now have 12%. Ron and Terri W. have 44%. Caleb and Rebekah W. have 3%. Pray as Calab and Rebekah are just beginning this process. They are also expecting a baby in January. Pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby.
October - December 2020
While some may have experienced a relaxing of coronavirus restrictions, others have not. In at least one of the countries in which Bibles International is working, individuals are not allowed to leave their home except for a weekly trip to the grocery store. Understandably, those regulations are difficult. In spite of government mandates, God has been at work during the months since the coronavirus and its resulting lockdowns began. One of the men, who would normally be making an hour’s drive each way to the office, was among those obligated by the governor to stay at home. Because he was at home, he had the time to work with a young man, leading him in in-depth Bible studies. The young man is an immature believer, and seemed to grow greatly during these times of Bible study. In Peru, three thousand copies of the Quechua New Testament were purchased by a missionary for distribution among the Quechua people. God’s Word is reaching into homes that have never before had this precious commodity. And people in that country are being saved. Just recently three people made a profession of faith. They were reached remotely, since no church services are permitted there. Technical work has also been ongoing through these months. Bibles International now has an updated website. A training manual for the sponsorship committee, the first ever of its kind, was created during this time. During the month of August, BI routinely plans and hosts a consultant seminar, and an annual meeting and retreat held at the Shack. In spite of the coronavirus, it was possible to hold these events again this year. God is not hampered by human restrictions, and we are so grateful for that. Please join us in praising Him that the “Providential Pause” has not hindered his work in Grand Rapids, or in other places in our world.
1. Anna Beth W. meeting with the Sara Kaba Naa in Chad, Oct. 5-16.
2. Naocha S. leading a workshop with the Isotes in Asia in October.
3. Lun H. working with the Rhema in Asia, Oct. 19-23.
4. The Teleo workshop in Asia with Angam R., Oct. 26-30.
5. Alex W. meeting with the Rawang in Myanmar weekly online.
6. Daniel G. working with the Pente online in October.
7. Isaiah P. conducting an online workshop with the Haitian Creole, Nov. 30-Dec. 4, and 14-18.
8. Angam R. helping the Choros in Asia, Nov. 2-6.
9. Naocha S. leading a workshop with the Mnema in Asia in November.
10. Riza workshop with Jonathan V. in Asia, Nov. 9-20.
11. Lun H. working with the Hakha Chin in Myanmar, Nov. 2-13.
12. Joel W. meeting with the Taisun in Myanmar, Nov. 16-27.
13. Hye Ree P. meeting with the Akha in Thailand online, Nov. 8-19.
14. Troy M. leading a workshop with the Metanoia online in November.
15. Kim H. helping the Patris team in Asia in November.
16. Lun H. working with the Rhema in Asia, Dec. 7-11.
17. Glenn K. as he meets weekly with the Luxembourgish translation team online.
18. Angam R. leading a workshop with the Teleo in Asia Nov. 30-Dec. 11.
19. Lian K. meeting with the Bualkhaw Chin in Myanmar in December.
20. Joel W. leading a workshop with the Uppu Chin in Myanmar in December.
21. Pray as plans are being developed for a Scripture Engagement dept. Ask the Lord to give guidance as the beginning administration is established.
22. Ask the Lord to bless the Harvest Highlight, which will replace the annual Harvest Dinner this year due to COVID-19. Pray for the ongoing needs for Scripture translation in Southeast Asia which is the emphasis of the Harvest Highlight.
23. Continue to pray for Director Tim Fink and the administrative team as they seek to know the Lord’s will during these challenging days involving life with the coronavirus. Ask the Lord to make it clear when overseas travel may be safely resumed.
Praise God that:
24. Dr. Patrick Odle has begun his ministry as President of Baptist Mid-Missions.
25. Caleb and Rebekah Wagner and their two young children are now a part of Baptist Mid- Missions and Bibles International.
26. The COVID-19 shutdown permitted recent Bibles International appointees to complete academic courses.
27. The Consultant Seminar was very beneficial and granted blessings to those attending.
28. BI missionaries and staff benefited from the wonderful messages, testimonies, music, and fellowship at the Annual Meeting and Retreat, held at the Shack.
29. Consultant Jim W. earned his M.Div. Thank the Lord for this milestone reached.
30. A donor has given seven newer computers to Bibles International.
31. The Administrative Assistant in the Grand Rapids office who contracted COVID-19 has recovered